Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Green and White!!!

That’s right, people… Starting Monday we are all going back on the green and white diet that we were put on the very first week of the program (also dubbed the Super Model Diet). This basically means the carbs they reintroduced will disappear and our diet will consist of nothing but lean white protein (egg whites, tofu, chicken and fish) and green vegetables. Everyone who has any amount of weight to lose was instructed to being the regiment again. I still have 9lbs to lose, so you can bet I signed up as soon as I could! Plus, I go to Vegas at the end of next week so I will have a nice spring in my step when I am a few pounds lighter, walking poolside in a bikini! 

Leandro scheduled a nutritionist to come in to talk to us, before class today, about what we should be eating once the program is over and how we can assimilate back into the real world. I asked her opinion on the Gluton free/Wheat free diet and she was a strong supporter. She said people have been taught that grains, corn, etc are necessary staples in the American diet and there are political motives around the campaign to encourage those foods (I totally agree!). She said one portion of carbs (whole grains) a day is sufficient if we’re trying to keep the weight off. People had a lot of other questions about dairy, soy and fruit intake. All in all it was very informative!

Carbs: the devil himself!!!

Next update to come on Monday, when we have our next weigh in. This weekend I head to the shore for the first half of the weekend and then Saturday night we come back to celebrate my friend’s birthday in the city! I’ll be toasting her with a club soda and lime. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment